Letters of business

This email just popped into my inbox:
Dale,
You asked me what I hope to achieve by talking to you and I can't find
an answer.
It was wrong of me to ask to meet you. I don't know what I can say
right now that would be of any use. I'm sorry to have bothered you.
Artboy.


What the hell? I have no idea what this email actually means and no way of finding out so I will use my excellent comprehension skills and divine my own meaning. Here is my version:

Dale,
Your straight forward question caught me off guard and I have not the cognitive power to answer. It was stupid of me to assume that you would do what I say without question. I am stupid. I will go away again and wait for the giant hand of the universe to rescue me instead of attempting to be a normal person.
Artboy.
PS I am emo.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is obviously a new and exciting pastime, decyphering the ramblings of crazy people. I should do this to Mein Kampf.
If he doesn't know what he wants perhaps we should mail him "The Secret". Blessed by Oprah he can then email you:
Dale,
I am a stupid sucubus emo artboy who pathetically wants to keep in contact with you. I am also an oblivious fucktard.
(F)Artboy
DS said…
Ah yes, why not?

Perhaps I could also start having a little look at Mr Howard's speeches.
DS said…
But let us not be cruel. He is unwell and this is a man that I loved with my whole heart. I do not wish to be cruel, only to understand and perhaps poke a little fun along the way, just to keep on the chipper side of dire.

Actually I am feeling quite chipper. Miracles will never cease, the ghost of Artboy is leaving my head at last.
Tara Tartly said…
i loved an unwell man w/ all my heart once. damn, that's a mess to untangle yourself from.

i'd say your translation is spot on. nicely done.
DS said…
Thanks. It did take a little while though.
Anonymous said…
Yeah, I was being a bit harsh. Perhaps he was an unwitting sucubus, who drains your soul without realising it.
He is oblivious though.
And (F)Artboy sounds funnier.
DS said…
You are right. And it is good that you were being harsh. I like that you are being harsh on my behalf, it feels better that way.