Some kind of fool

Sitting alone in my loungeroom pathetically eating vegan lasagne I cried watching the ABC news. It wasn't the result of barefoot nuns and monks protesting for democracy, it wasn't the clear and shining affection of Tasmanian Myer employees lamenting the tearing down of the burnt and broken historic building. It was the ten second clip of Marcel Marceau moving his hands in an eloquent counterfeit of the sea.

He said his art was searching and speaking of man's struggle with love, life and death and I believe him. I long for higher purpose, I long to be a small light, a still and calling beacon for my own humanity. I wish for more than rattling around this city pulling the heavy need to be, even for moment, adored.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Marcel was an interesting man, he was the only character in Mel Brook's "Silent Movie" to speak, and in Marcel's spare time he liked to construct sound sculptures. xoxo Rups
DS said…
Sound sculptures!
Anonymous said…
I read your Blog a lot from work Dale. I'm glad I can.

Rups :)
DS said…
I'll give you extra special advance warning if I ever decide to post gigantic nude pictures thus rendering it unworksafe (that's a new word) ;)
Anonymous said…
I'll be glad when I can't read your Blog from work then! ;) Rups

You will then go from the Daleside to the Rupside ...
Tara Tartly said…
ah, you two!

really, though...i somehow missed this post last night. it's beautiful, dale.
DS said…
Thanks.