Tired of the sanctuary

Slightly seedy. Slightly seedy and despairing at the vileness of cheap chocolate. There is nothing I would like more than to sit with a friend this evening but I am alone here in this squalid place. I spent the morning shuffling around in Penrith Spotlight taking photos of the bizarre things they have for sale. There is a selection of different Elvis Presley polar fleece panels, I found this so astounding that I climbed onto a giant pile of fake fur to get a closer look. Climbing on fake fur is frowned upon in Penrith Spotlight.

I sewed things with my mother despite feeling turned inside out and back again, I think I'm going to leave rum to the pirates. We spent most of the day sewing and talking. Nothing was said, not a thing of consequence, she finds me a dull and disappointing person. I don't know what I could do to make myself more interesting for her. Maybe it would help if I was beautiful or rich, I suspect it might help if I walked through the corporate sliding doors and never came out.

I was unable to make the television go and so sat staring into space until Ron & Rita dropped by. Rita showed me how it all works but alas no ABC reception here, no Dr Who for me. I am only thinking uninteresting thoughts. There are secrets and dreams and wild improbable hopes but no interesting thoughts, not today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
did today classify as alive dead or unsure?
DS said…
Elementary my dear Watson. Today was a day full to the brim with the risks and rewards of living.
Gemnastics said…
oh no, that's a sad thing to read about your mum. i hope you don't often feel that way.

i love the yawning photo.
karen said…
I've seen that elvis fleece. How awesome would it be as a tracksuit?
DS said…
Maybe I should make an Elvis tracksuit to visit my mother in. That would make me more interesting if somewhat embarrassing.