Made of these

In my head while I was sleeping these are the facts as they rolled before my mind's eye.

Benito Di Fonzo (a man I have spied once but never met) invited me to his house. He did this by becoming insensibly drunk and leaving objects in my glass cube of a letterbox. He left trousers with notes in the pockets, the barrel of a lock but not the key, an empty bottle, the last two pages of a novel.

I would go to his house or his parties but he always ignored me. They sat on the floor, a great ring of men, all drunk, some of them tended to me fetching drinks in heavy glasses and offering up cigarettes and somewhere to lean my head. Benito continued to ignore me in person and leave objects in my cube by night. This is most curious.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are Captain Slamma.

Arggghh!
DS said…
That I am Cabin Boy Creamboy now mop those decks and bring me some rum.
Anonymous said…
Cabin boy?!

I'll go fetch some rum but no guarantees that any liquid will get back to you.
DS said…
Bad Cabin boy.

Cabin boy is a good job on a pirate ship, you get to hang out with the captain and drink rum and feed the parrot and look at maps and treasure while the other pirates pull on ropes and make the sails do things.
Anonymous said…
Fear not Capt'n Slamma, I be the one who put blood in the rum, so ye scoundrel Soycreamboy shall not partake in it.
I'll keelhaul the lubber too, arrrgh.
DS said…
Bad Pirate Ron, no keelhauling on my ship. I prefer to sit my pirates down and have a little talk with them about what they have done. Cabin boy Creamboy will be fetching the rum nicely soon enough.
Benito Di Fonzo said…
Oh yes, sorry I ignored you. Will pay more attention next time. I suggest you pat me on the head as a reminder.

By the way, I need those two pages back. Cheers.

BDF
DS said…
Oh dear! I did not expect that.