What's with all the boring?

It was complete and so sudden that it can't be timed in heartbeats.

I was sitting and sipping at coffee, staring around at my piles of clean washing thinking this ain't so bad, when it happened. In less than a click my molecules realigned and I was free. I have lost the fear, I have lost the heartache, I stood up and shook out the last pointed shard and now I'm ready, for anything.

What I have been doing with this readiness is walking with it hidden under my clothes like a secret. I have been sitting in cafes alone and wondering at the structure of my bones. I've been walking the streets of Newtown feeling the footpath roll earth and time under my powerful feet. I've been cooking and laughing and poking at the jelly of my relaxation. I think the world needs to get ready for the whole Dale Slamma because the one stuck together and heavy with ancient sorrow cracked and vanished last Sunday as the fading day spun grace and lemon light through the small spaces of Newtown.

Comments

Shelley said…
Oh good.

I've been developing a crazy girl-crush on the old model but I'm happy to transfer to the new.
DS said…
Oooh I'm blushing. Its nice to be a crush.
karen said…
I think this occasion needs to be celebrated with delicious fuck-off cake.
DS said…
Hmmm fuck-off cake, a new and exciting recipe.