Need professional help

I have decided that it is time. Its time. Ha! Not to make me Prime Minister but time to seriously consider a new job. I like my current job, mostly. The people are super duper and its an organisation that truly only exists in order to do good things for creative folks.

The main problem is a creeping sense of boredom and repetition coupled with the need for cold hard cash. I work for a non-profit company and it shows. It shows in my bank account, you can see it my car that now admirably travels backwards when instructed to but is having problems with forwards. It shows in my inability to buy new shoes and to match my doona cover to my curtains but mostly it appears when I go to buy groceries and realise that I can't have both books and food.

Conundrum. Just what sort of job could I possibly do that will pay me enough money to have both books and food and not be boring enough to kill me until I die?

Comments

Gemnastics said…
one in which you take off your clothes. it may be degrading and downright icky but pays lots and is surely not very boring?

other than that, rock star.
cath said…
Ho ho! we are all searching for that Mecca of the working mythology. I'm managing food, but books are a rare treat.
I thought being a very famous movie star would be quite nice, or a completely anonymous best-selling author. Hey, I've got it! -Marry a Doctor.....
DS said…
Ah both helpful suggestions but unfortunately both require the skill of being attractive to men. This is something that nine years of university failed to teach me. I am doomed to walk this planet alone so I have decided to do it with great style and a little panache.

I can't dance, I can't talk. Only thing about me is the way I walk (with my mp3 player imitating all that was and ever will be with the syncopation of heartbeat and footstep).
cath said…
Gold medal walking Olympian? do they allow MP3 players? ....suspect not, which takes alot of the fun out of it:-(
I suggest you stick to writing like you do. Colleen McCullough wasn't published til she was 40,-now rolling in it ($$, not fat,-although that too). Not that I'm suggesting your writing is anything like hers, far from it! Arrrgh, you know,-I meant to be complimentary but the bimbo-pixies have posessed my fingers again...off to paint my nails with little flowers....
cath said…
Inkidinkly, do you like classical music at all? I may have a writing job for you in Nov. My brother's got a Symphony premiering with the SSO at the Opera House and I'd love you to do a little bit of brilliant Dale scribbling to commemorate the occasion. What do you charge?
DS said…
Cath.

Thankyou for your compliments, I don't think the bimbo pixie has you entirely in her sway.

I love the symphony and would be delighted to go. Please email me and we can discuss the details: dale.slamma@gmail.com
cath said…
Will do:-) Ta.