Next

There's a new man. He's not my new man but I am nonetheless wildly fascinated by him. He is not wildly fascinated by me but this is yet to dent my enthusiasm for entertaining wild fantasies and wonderful improbable hopes.

I will stalk him in my imagination until the fantasy runs dry. I will crest grassy waves of hills and lie side by side in the sunlight, I will bounce possibilities across time and space until reality catches the long shot and stacks it neatly with my other failed clown shaped dreams. This is something you can try at home.

Comments

Shelley said…
And a mirror is held up to my life.
Gemnastics said…
...and mine.
Shelley said…
If only one knew how to make them wildly fascinated.
Gemnastics said…
ah, mine is already fascinated but is partnered with three children...
Shelley said…
They must be fascinating indeed to remain interesting with such encumbrances.
DS said…
I am of course already infinitely fascinating, its just that I am an acquired taste, like fig sorbet.
Gemnastics said…
if i were a man or a gay woman i'd be your bitch, or man.
DS said…
Do you have a secret as yet undiscovered identical twin brother?
Shelley said…
Ah, alas, I'm am not fascinating and I am but rarely an acquired taste.
DS said…
Sure you are, maybe people are so fascinated they are scared to say that they are.
NWJR said…
This is an utterly fantastic idea.
DS said…
Let me know how you go. We can have an online death of the dream party if it all goes horribly wrong. I'll wear a party hat and everything.
Dahlia said…
Will there be a conference line available?
DS said…
Oh yes. If it all goes horribly wrong for us dreamers then we'll need a bi old conference line. The lovers, the dreamers and me. Sing along now. All of us under its spell, I know that I'm probably tragic.
Shelley said…
Oh no, I'm far too lazy to be anything, let alone fascinating!
DS said…
That's the beauty of being fascinating, it requires no conscious effort.