The mesmerising effect of hats or time limit fifteen minutes

I sat in my office staring at facebook and SMH online for close to an hour, painting my nails and smoking cigarettes. Soon enough it was time to launch so I checked the map one more time and headed out to The Last Bastion of Civilisation but as usual I was early. Happily enough I wandered about and found a $4 thai curry to munch on while I stared through the window of Mao & More listening to Mireille Mathieu on my mp3 player. Its like somebody put too many sugars in my world when I listen to her and her pink and gold swirls.

I was wearing a tie and was fairly confident that this would aid me no matter what occurred but I was wrong. A tall man in a sharp suit and a mesmerising hat came striding up the street and I thought who is that? He pointed at me and came straight over saying "You're Dale Slamma" and for an unexplained reason things went from shit to fuck in a hurry. It was Benito Di Fonzo and I don't know why but he took away my power of speech.

He invited me for a drink but it was like an afterthought or a nod to the gods of politeness. He bought me a drink and chuckled when I said "I'll have a shandy". I sat like a fucktard on a rock in a blanket of silence while journalists and short Romanian men came and went leaving trails of context glowing neon bright. My water had no fish in it and I didn't know what to do.

Time's up. More tomorrow, must sleep.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I thought he was behaving a little egocentric and self-absorbed. Ir was it just confidence. Either way, I personally thought he was a little rude to you.

Wait, I had a thought... did I monopolise your time too much? Did I inadvertently steal you away from his attentions?
cath said…
I don't get the Benito thing..at all. Just a man...Just a man.
DS said…
This is not a romantic thing its a tale of mystery and intrigue.
cath said…
Well, that changes everything...I still don't get it....:-)
Gemnastics said…
this makes me laugh. if only you knew benito like i know benito...