Exciting

I have decided that I will meet my future husband at the Olympia Milkbar. I have joined the Olympia Milkbar group on Fspazbook. This will help.

I have decided that my future husband will already read my blog before he meets me, he will like my blog and not think that I am a pathetic loser. He will go to the Olympia because he is fascinated by it. He will maybe be a writer but definitely not an accountant, an astronaut would be ok if we did not have to live in Florida in America. I do not like the sound of Florida. Florid-a. Yucky.

He will be the pioneer of the Australian space exploration, he will be able to properly describe what it is like to be in space. He will not endorse any home exercise equipment. He will buy me a drink at the Olympia. He will be a very nice yet unboring man. He will be kind to The Spatula and Grizelda but secretly not like them very much because he is jealous that I spend so much time with them. This will gradually change over time because he is not usually jealous. He will not own any baseball hats, he will have a capsule wardrobe, he will put my books into a sensible order. I am going to call him Grieg, this name will change soon.

Comments

NWJR said…
how do u pronounce grieg? no one whose been in spaece is boring.
DS said…
Greeeeeg
Gemnastics said…
i hope you do change his name. i am not fond of greeeeg. greeeeg is not ideal.
DS said…
Any suggestions for names? I don't know why I thought of Greeeeg. It is a name I may never have thought of before I typed it. It is a name not suitable for yelling in a bedroom situation.
Gemnastics said…
How about Mister?
DS said…
Just "Mister"?
Shelley said…
Like 'Doctor' only more surgeon-y.
DS said…
Or consultant-y. I don't think I would like a surgeon husband. They are never home. I would prefer a barrister to a surgeon, at least I would be able to converse intelligently about their day instead of saying things like - Was it a spurty day or a gooey day?
Gemnastics said…
Yes, just Mister. I imagine it would be a good thing to yell loudly from the bedroom.

I tried to send you a cupcake on disgracebook but it wanted to charge me one US dollar on my credit card. I thought I'd just tell you about it for free.
DS said…
Woo hoo cupcake!

Please Mister, can I have some more? And harder if you wouldn't mind.
Jenny Wynter said…
Well, if "The Secret" is true, then look out Mister. Look forward to tracking your progress. ;-)
DS said…
The Secret must be true. That is why it is a secret. If it wasn't a secret then everyone would be running around with everything they need and where would that get us?

Every ten seconds a student believes they are the first person to build furniture using milk crates. Two students began to believe while I typed this. Help stop this devastating epidemic. Donate a husband to Dale Slamma today.
TimT said…
Grieg, first name Edvard - one of Norway's best composers. Virtually every piece from his Peer Gynt suite would be recognisable today. Also the opening theme for his piano concerto in A minor. An excellent composer, part of the wave of late 19th-century and early 20th-century composers from northern countries that also included Sibelius (Finland) and a whole whack of English composers (Vaughan Williams).

Too much information? I'm sure...
DS said…
Of course! the Peer Gynt suite. How could I have forgotten. I am indeed a fan of this, particularly the Hall of the Mountain King and Morning (I mastered a simple version of this on piano when I was about 8 and thought I was just fabulous). I briefly went out with a man in the early nineties who thought that The Hall of the Techno King was great as well as other horrendo tracks such as A Night on Techno Mountain.

I am also a fan of Sibelius and of the fact that he Finnish, this is an advantage to know in a pub trivia situation.

Are you sure that you are not in a community brass band?