3:05am

Baaah! Ha ha ha. Lovely boys. Just lovely. There is one called Lexi that is interesting. There is one called Tom that is practicing aloofness and of course Mr SeeSee himself, their brave leader. There are others, a swarthy one, a short one and more. They are young and beautiful and not afraid to think. The Spatula and I went to the party with the intention of observing the younger generation and chuckling quietly at their youthful enthusiasm, which we did, but we also ended up squarely in the middle of it all. Look how good I spelling whilst drunk. Admirable!

We could walk there, so we did. We drank beer on the way, once there I opened and admittedly drank a bottle of red wine, something or other from SA left over from my fucking awful 30th birthday party which I viewed as though looking through a telescope the wrong way round, such is the power of a broken heart. I happily puffed away on joints offered by random strangers, stole yellow clothes pegs from their tweedy jackets, experimented freely with cherry advocaat in the kitchen and made off with seven water crackers from a packet I found on top of the microwave. At one point I was dancing by myself in the loungeroom by the light of a disco ball but I was soon joined by several Degrassi High type young things that bounced far too enthusiastically for me and if you are going to do the Molly Ringwald Breakfast Club dance you should at least do it accurately.

One of the lovely boys said that I summed his friend precisely in two words, better than he thought anyone ever could, which was nice. Looks like I should definitely go ahead with the Black Flamingo Productions idea. Gemma, we're on, let's be weird business partners in the world's craziest business, at least as an experiment. But oh dear look at the time. I've just had some chocolate and also ryvitas with vegemite on.

I stole a slice of The Spatula's plastic cheese. It comes in individually wrapped slices and is made of some sort of cheese-based plastic. Not undelicious when taken drunk on a ryvita with vegemite. Let's hope there was no actual milk in it or its instant death in my pants in the morning for me. My left foot is itchy now. I might try and have a glass of water.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
Ah, the late night drunken blog post. It has been some time since I pulled one out myself, and I feel a bit nostalgic. I've a good mind to get drunk just so I can blog.

Maybe this Black Flamingo thing really has a future. I mean, what do we have to lose? It's not like we need a lot of capital to set up such a business. All we really need is an ad.
Anonymous said…
Not undelicious? Ha... reminds me of when Homer and Lisa were reviewing that restaurant:

Homer: The food was not undelicious.
Lisa: The food was delicious.
Homer: Ooh! That's brilliant! And they had this sweet, sweet chocolate mousse. Really, the only word to describe it is [drooling noise].
Lisa: Hmmm... what's the English equivalent for [drooling noise]? I'd say... transcendent!
Homer: How about groin-grabbingly transcendent?

Which reminds me of another Simpsons quote:

"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"

Sorry, I just saw The Simpsons Movie on Friday.
DS said…
Gemma: Oooh an ad, just like a real business. Let's do it.

Creamboy: No!
Gemnastics said…
Maybe we could be called Wroving Writers? I will be the Melbourne contingent, you will be the Sydney. We will set up a website with examples of our work, which we will do for free for friends, and then we will get them to write glowing reviews, and we will post them on our site along with a number of stars indicating how tops they think we are. And you know what? If that results in me making 20 bucks, once, it will be worth it.

It can be a combined experiment.
DS said…
Yes! Combined experiments are the best experiments. I think I think of sex as being a sort of combined experiment but that's neither here nor there as I am never shagging ever again. Right, rambling, sorry. I am very happy for you to name the experimental business whatever you wish. My only demand is that we have a flamingo somewhere in the logo or on the website, it doesn't have to be pink.

Will post about this later today. Will jump on idea in order to be all springy and not as you might wrongly assume to squash the idea.