Bring on the night

Loose end. That's me. Usually I would delight in the turn of events that will leave me with the house all to myself tonight but this week I have been curiously flat and filled with the evil seeds of loneliness.

Desperately seeking Dale. I need to be sought out, I need someone anyone just one person to seek my company but its not going to happen. Everyone I know is filled with busy plotting plans for the night that do not involve me so I will sit here in this house and bat away my demons, one at a time until it is late enough to attempt sleep. In the meantime I might try and tire myself with menial tasks and pointless wandering, I am uninterested and uninteresting but I'm hoping its only temporary.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's why Bloggers become Bloggers. My worst nights are ones where for a few hours I refresh my email inbox every fifteen minutes.

Rups :)
NWJR said…
This is EXACTLY why I read this blog. What a great post! Freakin' great.
Tara Tartly said…
i'm sorry, dale. batting away demons and at loose ends...it's awful, isn't it? i'm having one of those days myself. and there's nothing for me to do but to find my way through it...that, and wait for sleep to come.
Gemnastics said…
i know this feeling too well. sometimes it helps just to sit in a cafe and read among strangers.
Anonymous said…
Welcome to my world. Alone in the house is an everynight occurance. Just me, the guitars, the tv (not much on though), and the lovely laptop where I surf, search, read blogs and myspaces in order to avoid doing work.

I wouldn't say you're uninteresting though. I keep visiting and reading because you can make the semmingly mundane interesting.
DS said…
Oh! I feel strangely better for these comments. I'm hoping this is a good thing.