I'm wearing a tie and I've chosen my crazy

Wearing a tie renders an everyday outfit respectable unless you are a schoolboy with the amazing ability to make everything appear shambolic. This is a new and interesting fact about me wearing ties and now for the crazy.

4:15pm this afternoon I went outside to the office courtyard to have a cigarette, by this time I was seriously considering plotting a way out of this damn planet, for good when something shifted and a long forgotten sentence scrolled in. What you think is what you feel. Simple stupid. This is something I already know, if I pay attention to what I am thinking I can start to change the way I feel. Simple stupid. So I lined up the troops for battle and what do you think happened?

A tilt and a shimmer, the upstairs window nearly jumped out of its frame and in an instant the beast unhooked and was lost. The SMH called it the mystery of shaking houses but I know what it was. I'm wearing a tie and my black dog shook the world in retreat.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You experienced the shaking then? I read that article too, and it's weird that nothing was detected seismically.

And I've thought the best way out of this planet would be to go to the drug cabinet on cardiac ward, and take a whole box of digoxin. It's right there, unlocked, and you could easily lock the door and stop any pesky nurse coming in.
DS said…
Its not weird if it was my black dog beating a retreat and you probably shouldn't be suggesting methods for planet escaping unless of course I really am better off dead but the results aren't in on that one yet. So far its Alive 7 v Dead 3.
Anonymous said…
i was probably riding in a car over the anzac bridge at that very time - looking over the view to the harbour bridge - thinking on a hard decision i had stuck in my mind - not even thinking to admire the glorious day that was passing me by - and then i spied a great crane that had a huge sign on the side... it said 'evolve'... and my decision was made...
DS said…
What was your decision?
Gemnastics said…
wow, you've got the knack don't ya? when i am patting my black dog he is much too distracting for me to heed the wisdom i already know.
Anonymous said…
You know what is even more depressing for me Dale? My black dog isn't even a real brunette.

Rups :(
DS said…
Good lord Rupert! Don't tell me your black dog is blonde?

Gemma I kind of have the knack but I still tend to fall in the hole then sit in the hole before remembering I'm holding a ladder.
Anonymous said…
LOL, oh so many possibilities with a black dog that is actually a blonde, I think this may be the case, I think my black dog tries to convince me of this, I think it wants me to believe I have more fun being depressed then anybody else. What a sick puppy.

Rups