Unbelievable tragedy of epic proportions

I have developed an odd inability to have anything closer than one metre to my throat. If anything comes closer than that I start gagging. Walking home from work I had to carry my overly large satchel style bag, stuffed with one pair of shoes, most of a loaf of bread, a large dutch cream potato, half a manuscript and a magazine, clamped under my arm like some kind of crazy lady. I couldn't even have the strap on my shoulder or I would start gagging and have to stop and breathe and concentrate on not vomiting in front of all the suit wearing people. This is not good. Its a long way home from work, about four kilometres. I'm going to spend the evening constructing some kind of hover bag with homing technology and an on board champagne cooling compartment. Take that NASA.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
Maybe it's time for a backpack? Alternatively, a front-loader baby sling.
Anonymous said…
if it makes you feel any better, I can't have things near my lower back. I am sure that I will die by being impaled through the kidney. I always have nightmares about it - skewered through the back, twitching and trying to reach behind me to unskewer myself but I can't reach.

I can't have massages because I flinch when someone touches me on my lower back. And if they poke me? Argh!
DS said…
That does make me feel better, slightly.