Nemo dat non quod habet

Oh sing me a renaissance you empire lined existence. I want to walk where the people walk, I want to see them dancing but knife edges prefer me to swim. I heard the swell of an orchestra in my mind this afternoon right after I cleaned finger print dust from the bottoms of my shoes and poured boiling water over the beautiful stinking teacup I found perched on a pike.

The Spatula has declared I have a problem with my ventromedial prefrontal cortex, I'm no gambler, I have respect for consequences but I would have agreed to anything to get my hands on another piece of baked carrot which may just prove her point. Speaking of points I have one, somewhere.

Ah nemo dat non qoud habet, that's my point and its the point of my existence. I made a chart with reasons to live and working logically there's not a hell of a lot of point in going on with things, here's where the nemo dat rule comes into play. You cannot give away that which you do not possess and I am not yet in full possession of the invisible stretching of time so it looks like I'm here to stay, just a little bit longer.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
what does it mean? i demand a translation!
DS said…
What does what mean?

Nemo dat non quod habet means you can't give away something you don't properly own.
Gemnastics said…
yes, that bit. the part in a different language. latin???
DS said…
Yep, Latin.