Converting the non-believer is a tricky operation

The first thing you need to do is start slowly, appear as though you are not interested in whether or not they are paying proper attention when you say things like "The Doctor is one of the most complex characters ever written for television" or "This struggle between saving his one human companion or the entire human race is interesting don't you think?" or "That's a dalek, don't believe for a second that its not dangerous and worthy of a little scared reaction out of television watchers across the nation" or "Would you like to see a photo of me being chased by daleks down a corridor in bad shorts?" "No, daleks don't wear shorts, it was me, yes unflattering photograph is it not?".

The next step is to walk away from the television saying I'll be back in a moment, just off to the shower and let them sit and watch, by themselves. I continued on in this tricky fashion until finally success! My young housemate Grizelda, who is too young to have any personal historical connection with the Doctor or even any knowledge whatsoever of The Doctor has been successfully converted into a fan, to the point of abandoning Grey's Anatomy in order to find out how The Doctor escapes from The Monster in a big pit on an unnatural planet impossibly orbiting a black hole. Just in case you were interested it was once again through thinking that The Doctor made his escape but even I have to occasionally sigh and say us deus ex as the Tardis was handily waiting in the black hole, for no reason.


Comments

Grizelda said…
I am converted....it is true. Dale has succeeded in making me a fan of the doctor. :)
Anonymous said…
Actually, a planet can orbit a black hole. Gravity doesn't discriminate!
DS said…
NASA: stop hassling me, I know I'm the world's best ever genius and you're offering me fiftyeight billion dollars, thanks, but no thanks, I already said yes to Torchwood.
Anonymous said…
I like always how Dr Who travels through time and people, the Bill Bailey rendition of the theme tune as a Belgian jazz piece on piano is actually quite beautiful, "Dr Qui".

Rups
DS said…
Sure beats music concrete (imagine an inflection thing over the last e in concrete).