I am the Captain of What I Do

Just a reminder to the peoples of the world. I am the Captain of What I Do and today I elect to stay warmly inside the house and engage in some serious pottering about, some picking things up and putting them down again and the drinking of cups of tea in various locations around the house to see if it tastes better in any particular room or chair.

I am going to brush up on some Latin as it is important to remember more than simply nemo dat non quod habet, very important. I will read some book, I may write some book but either way its a fuzzy slipper kind of a day. A day to spend in joyful isolation from the world unless of course I wander up to the cafe and sit my joyful isolation down with coffee, cake and the comforting murmur of strangers.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, a latin lover, huh? Try this then:

"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
- Henry Beard, Latin For All Occasions (Lingua Latina Occasionibus Omnibus).

Dang it, I can't seem to stop using italics...
DS said…
What are you Hitler?
Anonymous said…
I learnt latin from a book, caput en ano est.
DS said…
Potes meos suaviari clunes
DS said…
What I mean by "Potes meos suaviari clunes" is why would you read my blog and leave a comment like that? Why?
Seriously, I want to know. Also did you really mean something along the lines of "caput tuum in ano est"? Tell me. I am the Captain of Curious.
NWJR said…
I don't know any Latin, but I like this:

"Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem"

"In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags.

It doesn't have any relevance to this post. But it's damn funny, no?
DS said…
NWJR: Yes, quite funny, in a scary sort of way.