Its still here

The throbbing in my head is still here but I'm learning to live with it like an extra foot or a triple thud heart. Its biological and calm. I'm walking at the same pace as the pulse in my face so that hallways and roads make more sense. I came here to the office because I am sure that it will fade if I sit very still and type with a quiet calm.

The pain at the bottom of my spine, the pain in my arm, my battle wound from typing, and the holes in my shoes sucking up rain water are problems that I need to address. It is odd, amongst this raggedness, that I do not feel that I am coming undone. I feel like a ship with a manageable hole or a remote control tank blown open and carefully welded back together because the insides are still good and all the little soldiers still have their hats on.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear it, glad about the hats.
DS said…
I like hats.