Interview with a Slamma

Tomorrow morning I commence my new project, I am going to submit it for rejection from The Sleepers Almanac. I need to interview some people for my project. Interviewing is a tricky process but I find if I spend the first five to ten minutes working hard to create the right vibe then the rest is easy. Sometimes I fear I am equally cursed and blessed. People pour their hearts into mine, quite freely, like tipping milk from a great height.

I'm going to wear my shoes with soles as thin as paper because I need them to take me back in time. I'm going to walk up Glebe Point Rd with a novel and a notebook and a purse stuffed with small money. I'll order coffee black and strong and I'll cross one leg over another as I lean forward in my chair stirring the sugar in with small clicks of the tea spoon. I'll ask my questions and shorthand my notes, this is going to be interesting.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Interview me Dale, on second thoughts, I don't think I have anything to say about anything, maybe that helps us all. :) xo rups
DS said…
Well it seems you just interviewed yourself.