Exploding tampon dinosaur shopping, breathe with me

I followed a man in a black tuxedo jacket around for about half an hour, he looked interesting and had a very organised way of walking about the supermarket. He bought ten litres of juice, one stick of french bread, a bag of apples and three kinds of soft cheese. He stopped and winked at me in the cheese aisle so I ran away, to the biscuit aisle, where it is safe.

Shopping is an excellent time to practice reciting poems, or so I thought until people started to look at me oddly. Today I was attempting to perfect Tug Dumbly's method of saying Yahweh. The "Yah" is pronounced as you breathe in and the "Weh" as you breathe out. It is meant to be soft and just audible above the sound of the breath. It might in future be prudent to take into account the possible religious beliefs of shoppers inside the Marrickville Metro on a Thursday evening before walking around declaring "God is unpronouncable" [breathe in] Y...H [breathe out] W...H" with a trolley full of boxes of matches.

The checkout chap raised an eyebrow as he scanned four large boxes of tampons, three large packages of boxed matches, one Vogue Living , several kinds of icing and a bag of plastic dinosaurs. I attempted to explain that I required the matches to explode the dinosaurs but I'm not sure that he understood.

I am about perform some test explosions with dinosaurs in the fireplace. I want to be careful to not explode Superman's head tomorrow, or my own for that matter. It would be difficult to enjoy cake with an exploded head.

Comments

NWJR said…
Best post ever.

THIS is why I read this blog.
Anonymous said…
I always find there is someone loitering in the section I need to get at - it is the curse of my shopping spree, they never end up getting anything from that section, just warbling whilst they stare at the merchandise, it is extremely frustrating and that is why as revenge I take my twenty items through the express lane!

xox Rups
Anonymous said…
The possible religious beliefs of shoppers everywhere can go the same way as their opinions on shouting at buildings and get fucked.

Religious tolerance will be the end of everything and must be stamped out immediately.
DS said…
Diehard,

Tolerance is a strange word for how we live with each other. I think understanding would be better than tolerance.


Rups,

That's probably me standing in front of things and staring for no good reason. Sorry about that.


NWJR,

I wonder how many of my posts you've said that about. I might have a look later.

xd
Anonymous said…
Or a more precise one would be relativism. It's still not gonna work.
DS said…
Surely that is just a particular type of understanding.
Anonymous said…
Understanding is all very well. I am happy to understand people with quiet beliefs. For them, I even have a sort of compassion.

People with loud beliefs who seek to reinforce the idea that loud belief is the status quo, who amass wealth and influence, they make me very angry. For them, no understanding whatsoever.

And this is the problem. To understand one set requires tolerating the other (especially since the boundary between both sets is fluid and permeable).

The answer is to never allow anyone to believe in anything. Alternatively, face punches!
Anonymous said…
I'm very sorry for hijacking your comments. This was supposed to be about cake.

I like cake.
DS said…
I do not mind although I do find your argument ridiculous, I believe that you also find your argument ridiculous.

Everyone likes cake.
Gemnastics said…
How did the test run go with the exploding dinosaurs?

I also am not averse to cake.
DS said…
Well... I didn't get to do the test runs last night. After I spoke to you Grizelda ordered me to bed. She said I was too tired and not making sense.

I will have plenty of time to do some test explosions this evening before Superman arrives.
Anonymous said…
Feck! Facebook isn't working, and I can't get through to you on your mobile, so blog post it is... call me asap! Turns out there is a spare ticket tonight after all...
Anonymous said…
what are u doing to our peachy fireplace!!!? I hope the library is in one piece when i get back there! lol

and p.s you never replied to my email?
Anonymous said…
Hey, I like cake too! My mum made me a vegan lemon cake with sugar on top because I was leaving for three months.

I ate the entire cake in less than twenty four hours.

But it's okay, I'm going swimming and doing lots of walking, so the extra kilojoules won't do me no 'arm.
DS said…
I like cake.

I liked the ticket.

I ended up exploding in the kitchen sink.
Anonymous said…
What a nice little poem.