Toe some line or other

Now what? I've managed most of the year, had Christmas, turned thirty, recovered sufficiently to start giving a shit about things and my job. Well done there but now what?

If I was one of those excellent driven people I could simply consult my three year plan and embark on the next step but I am not one of those excellent people. I have a job that has no possibility for advancement within the same organisation, it is mildly interesting, pays appallingly and sits oddly even within the Arts industry. The Arts industry in Australia is terribly small, terribly horribly small and the pay is almost always appalling. Here is where Jane Austen is handy.

I am very thankful that I am able to earn my own money and keep myself without having to contemplate horrible things like marrying so that I don't end up a slave/governess. What I am not thankful for is the complete blank I am drawing whilst attempting to contemplate my next move. If the universe would kindly offer some suggestions I would be very grateful.

Comments

cath said…
Go vegan again. It will keep you mildly entertained whilst appealing to your sense of willpower:-)
DS said…
Cath I do not like willpower, oh no I don't. Going vegan would certainly keep me occupied but I'm not sure it would mean a pay rise.
Shelley said…
I have no suggestions. I need a new and not so horrible job myself. Preferably something that doesn't require me to be a boring, humourless robot.
Maria said…
You're doing better than me. Out of all that I think I scored 1. I turned 30. And it wasn't that much of an effort, either. It was the remembering my age at that age, and then admitting it, that was hard.
DS said…
Why don't we all start a lovely company and be lovely to each other. We could have regular tea breaks and an excellent and helper staff of roller skates with sparkles on them.
Anonymous said…
Happy 30th Dale, I have yet to get there but will probably turn 30 next year if it suits.

xox Rups
DS said…
Thank you Rups for your birthday wishes, I turn 31 in just under a month so I hope you will be so kind as to once again offer birthday wishes.
xd