What a day for a daydream


I have always wanted to have a go at making a ransom style note using glue, scissors and the newspaper but I had to wrap my presents. A compromise was reached and I labeled the presents with letters cut out of the newspaper.

I sat at the kitchen table with Grizelda, agreeable lass, we spent an afternoon wrapping and decorating presents. Grizelda went with a more traditional printed style of paper and tied her parcels round with ribbons then attached tags. I selected puce as the must have wrapping colour of the season and was content hunting through headlines for the perfect letters then becoming sticky and black with glue and newsprint.

There is something immense in sitting feet flat around a table with busy hands and peaceable chatter. It crosses ages and generations, this kind of work, it is a way of threading time through needles and setting and resetting myself with place, age and identity. The product is almost insignificant. Once again I find myself in process.

Comments