Well now

Its getting towards 6 pm, I have decided to take another little break from work and ponder the new and alarming prospect of having to drive home from Katoomba on Christmas day then spending the evening alone in The Peach.

Everyone is scattering and leaving the city. The Peachettes, being sisters, are spending a few days together over the break at their parents' house. I don't fancy the idea of spending the evening alone. In fact its rapidly creating a void of dread. Ordinarily I don't mind having The Peach to myself but it just feels different at Christmas.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dale,

it is easy to get wound around the Christmas dash but I remember a Christmas I spent alone in Sydney watching "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" and drinking a bottle of vodka, it was actually a very pleasant and relaxing Christmas. Then again, I think everyone feels the sting, but most of my other years I spent having orphans Christmas with other orphans, and that was rather brilliant.

xoxo Rups :)
DS said…
Quite right Rups,

I'm going to hunt orphans and would you like to come to my birthday party? You might have to astral travel there. The dress code is unitards or jumpsuits.
xd
Anonymous said…
Sure Dale, I'll crack open a pink lemonade to make the connection, and drink to your birthday!

Rups
Anonymous said…
I have spent two Christmases not only alone, but working in a foreign country where Christmas is considered an exotic Western oddity (and very cold). It can be a liberating experience.

On another topic, I have just found a superbly curly chest hair on my body. Most of them are a little curly, but this one looks like a pig's tail.