I just got a newsletter from Omo

Maybe they think my clothes look dirty. I can't think why else I would receive a newsletter from Omo. In fact my clothes are being washed right now, in the incomprehensible European washing machine. After that they will need to go in the drier or is it dryer? Not a good idea to pack wet clothes.

Gemma sent me two hand drawn maps and step by step instructions on how to get from the airport to her house. The instructions are exactly right and include notes on where I might become confused and why for example "If you are still standing at Spencer St station looking at Bourke, 'left' will actually be 'right'" and the excellent "You will get off the plane at Avalon. You will be confused , becuase Avalon will appear to be a giant paddock with a shed and a runway. This is normal. This is Avalon."

So I will dry and pack my things. I will ignore the clawing fear. I will take as many hats as I want and I will try my best to have a fabulous time.

When I come back I will be very busy and important. I am going to a wedding the next day, then a zine fair on Sunday afternoon in Wollongong (I'll wait until I get back to be frightened about driving to Wollongong by myself - unless anyone wants to come to Wollongong for an afternoon with me?). I am probably behind in uni work but I haven't checked. That can wait too.

So long Sydders, I'm off to Melbs.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
i'm glad you like my instructions. there is nothing to fear - plane trips are fun! the alcohol comes in small portions and people bring it to you at the push of a button. this is ideal.
DS said…
You're right. That is ideal. I am also fond of tiny packets of crunchy things and having an hour to read when no one can interrupt me.
Anonymous said…
I hope you remember to bring your "Sydney to Melbourne" mini-dictionary.

Rups xo