God has a handlebar moustache

This was confirmed at the seance Spencer went to on Saturday night. Turns out a seance can freak the fuck out of a fully grown man. Turns out a man can be walking home chased by bats, spirits and demons until he's not sure anymore about anything. Turns out Spencer won't be going to another seance.

I went to meet Henry Rollins tonight. I was hoping for something but the only thing that happened was that three separate people on Glebe Point Rd told me to fuck off then I wound up in a cafe with Spencer drinking coffee and watching his eyes go wide every time he remembered the seance. He said the bat was huge, it flapped right out, right in his face and for days he's been wondering if he knows anything at all. There was a spirit and it wanted him to die. This was before we were walking up some road in Glebe and I noticed something important.

There are things that will revolutionise your life. Things like an electric toothbrush, a tub of pawpaw ointment sticky and good, one nice tea cup just for you or a friend like Spencer. He revolutionsises my life every time I see him. I know he writes a damn good song, he owns that stage, the force of his personality will knock you off your feet but that's not what's important.

I've been talking to Spencer for some years now and I feel like I've only just begun. This man is awake. In other news I just ironed a shirt for the first time in years.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
Perhaps this is the Spencer Effect. Crisp shirts.
DS said…
Much better than the Benito Effect but I do wish that people would stop having odd effects on me.

Since I came back from Melbs I've been roasting pumpkin in the oven. I believe this is a Gemma Effect.
Gemnastics said…
i do vaguely remember baking things, but i can't remember what accompanied the pumpkin. surely i did not just serve baked pumpkin? was it fish? did i bake fish?
DS said…
No fish. There was pumpkin, carrots, potatoes and garlic with a big salad with feta in it. I picked the cheese out and then I ate more kugelhopf. I miss kugelhopf.
Gemnastics said…
oh yes, salad. that's right. i believe the carrots were actually zucchini though. i object to baked carrot.