Management apologises for this post but she needs to have things in simple order right now

I have pondered to a standstill. It is a gentle way to be, pondered to a standstill, there is no cause for alarm.
  • Jon Wah died. Artboy phoned me when I was standing in the supermarket looking at soup to tell me.
  • I telephoned Superman because I found I was standing in the middle of the kitchen and didn't know what else to do. He said he would come over, I told him not to because it was too far but he said he was coming anyway. I asked him to bring a teabag from his cupboard.
  • Grizelda made me dinner, then she made me eat it.
  • There was a knock at the door. Superman and Artboy arrived at precisely the same moment.
  • Superman went to the shops for teabags.
  • Artboy took my hand and told me that he loved me.
  • Superman returned with teabags, timtams and marshmallows.
  • Artboy talked about marketing, sneakers and the worst song in the world.
  • Artboy left.
  • Superman lit a fire, made hot chocolate then made up a song about life being flopsy and not making sense.
  • I made Superman look at all the photos on my computer. I could not stop myself. I don't know why I did that.
  • I toasted some marshmallows over the fire by stabbing them with really big matchsticks and holding them close enough to toast but not close enough to burn my hands. I used the non-match end of the big match sticks.
  • Superman showed me bad photos of himself. I thought he looked fine, he disagreed.
  • Drying myself after a shower I noticed that my feet were pink from being in the hot water.
  • Climbing underneath my excellent doona Superman announced that he was downloading the entire Rolling Stones discography and that in the morning he would put it on my computer.
  • I said "That is the best thing that has ever happened, ever". He said "I thought you'd like that".
  • I woke late, people in my office were kind when I said I would not be in this morning.
  • Superman, Spencer and I sat in the Island Cafe all morning talking and taking turns to give the idiot from the music channel death stares as she sat at a neighbouring table blabbering gabble at the camera.
  • We ate pies in the pie shop. I stood nine hot chips up in my pie before eating them, they were tall chips. There were only ever three chips at a time in my pie.
  • Spencer went to work, I phoned my office and once again they were very kind when I said I would not be in this afternoon.
  • Superman and I went to the movies. We saw Mongol, I wanted a pony, I ate maltesers, Superman ate some too.
  • Back in The Peach there was tea, Superman decided to trim his beard. I don't know what he used to trim his beard. I do not have any beard trimming devices. Perhaps he brought his own beard trimming thing but why would he do that? It is true that he sometimes has muesli in his bag. I wonder what else he has in his bag.
  • Superman left to go to his yoga class. He came all the way from Emu to The Peach because Jon Wah died and I was standing in my kitchen not knowing what to do. I was standing two steps away from the bench, two steps away from the pantry and two steps from the metal border thing that divides the lounge room from the kitchen. I like Superman.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
Can you trim a beard with muesli? Apart from the death of the man this sounds like a pleasant day. I was hoping you had used the match end of the matches to roast the shmallows. Next time you visit the Hive I will have to show you J-Ro's shmallow toasting forks, they are proper and long and go particularly well with her open fire.
DS said…
I might need to get some, I have one giant fork thing but it had ash all over it and I did not want ash on my marshmallow. I do not think the part where Artboy came to my house and held my hand and told me that he loved me was very good. I do not know why he would do such a thing.
Gemnastics said…
That is a puzzling thing. No doubt you are puzzled.
Gemnastics said…
Also, a cow is 88 percent better than reductionism.
DS said…
I am pleased about the cow being better than reductionism. I am puzzled about Artboy saying that he loves me. He is the man who does not love me. It is contradictory.
(I should mention that there are many men who do not love me, in fact all of the men. There is not one man who loves me, I am ok with this.)
Gemnastics said…
me either. except a spazzy one who is lying anyway. also, my dog.
DS said…
Cooper does love you, he is not lying which is nice. Cooper does not tell lies.
Gemnastics said…
oh no, cooper is not a liar. the spazzy man is a liar, cooper is all truth.
DS said…
Is the spazzy man a beardy man who hangs out with an Alan Rickman style of man?
Gemnastics said…
yes, total spaz.