I'm starting with the Dale in the mirror; turn and face the stranger

I tried photographing toothpaste but my phone kept running out of batteries. This was about eight hours after I made coffee holding an ice pack to my right ear. There are parts of me capable of refracting light. These things are all connected.

There's no greater mirror than this. When I meet a new friend, and this is rare, I pull focus and suddenly there I am. I had forgotten about this part of living. I had forgotten how to look at the person called I. But this is not a frantic stuffing of my sum parts into a paper bag for inspection. This is simple being without painting sets or staging lights. I don't need to open all the cupboard doors and drag an audience around pointing there and there and there. There are thinking parts of me not speaking but it is not a deception.

I'm walking my usual route and sitting in my same chairs, I feel comfortable that eventually my patterns will emerge into clear shapes without anyone having to resort to the measuring instruments.

Comments

NWJR said…
Best. Post. Ever.
Anonymous said…
Cam-In-The-Mirror is an evil soulless lich. I hate him so much because he won't fuck off.
Anonymous said…
What does Cam-In-The-Mirror think of Cam-Out-Of-The-Mirror?
Anonymous said…
Whoa Cam! You're a zombie, remember. Not a lich.
DS said…
What's a lich? Is that a dead wizard thing if so then you are definitely not one for several reasons:

1.You are alive
2.You have no magical powers
3.You do not control any kind of horde or band of henchpersons.