Discovery!

I try to make things happen with my brain! By this I mean that I think of something and think of how things will turn out and then when they do happen that way I can rest assured that I am the supreme being of all knowledge. Weird and horrible. Or else things go entirely the other way and I get to sit around being sorry for being surprised and stupid and wrong about everything damn thing.

I need to listen to Elliot. I can't control people, places or things, only my attitude towards them. I need to get the hell out of bed because using a blog as a therapy is both sad and boring. I think I might get dressed and go to the office.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Using a blog as therapy is not sad or boring. When you get through all this you will probably look back and see it as cathartic. Keep up the good work Dale.
DS said…
Hey Jeremy,

Do you have a blog? Come on now, confess.
Gemnastics said…
Well I came here to say what Jeremy has so aptly said, so all that's left to say is, yeah - what he said.

It's hard - it's one of the hardest things in the world, I reckon (for me anyway), to relinquish control and admit that all you have power over is you. It complicates my life all the time, this struggle. Takes me ages to remember that I'm just blowing against the wind when I try to manipulate the world to suit me. Sigh. More meditation is in order.
Anonymous said…
No, sorry I don't Dale. I had one once (http://musings29.blogspot.com/)but it was too onerous to maintain, and it soon degenerated into just photos. But I have kept a detailed daily diary since June 1999.
DS said…
Good to know I'm not the only one who accidentally overcomplicates things on the odd occasion.

I definitely need to relax. Maybe even do that trust the universe thing and see what happens. It can't all be bad, surely.