Not entirely a bad day

One of the wheels fell off as it overturned in the gutter, I laughed at it as it fell, I've had it in for that filing cabinet for a while now. It became my black-three-drawered nemesis. Too heavy to move by myself, too large to sit flush with other furniture, too black and metal to pass as anything I might choose to look at on purpose. Spencer picked up the severed wheel and carefully stuck it back on, I'm not sure but I think he's developing a fondness for the thing.

When Spencer moved into the lilac ceilinged ex-brothel he couldn't believe his luck. There are toilets, spa baths and guitars everywhere. The kitchen is large, cream and useful. One large room is used only as a band rehearsal space. The other residents are kind, wash their dishes and sort the recycyling but I did detect one small problem. Most of Spencer's furniture was found on the street so when he was moving he carefully carried it all downstairs and put it back on the street, much easier than figuring out how to move it to the new house. This made Spencer's move remarkably easy, as far as moving house goes, but did of course leave him with no furniture, this is where the filing cabinet comes in handy. Instead of storing manuscripts, drafts, bills and boring papers the horrid thing will now store socks, underpants and cowboy shirts, alphabetically I'm sure.

Comments