About face



I am tired of being silly. I want meaning and an intellect to bounce things at. An intellect that will stand while I bounce things and see what they hit or how they splat when they hit the floor. I am reading Marcus Westbury's essay "Fluid Cities Create", I'm responding in my quiet way with spinning words and pondering thoughts solid as objects.

You see, I have friends, some marvellous and necessary and others broken pointed things to prick my feet on and some I am so unsure of, so unsure as to what it is that they are doing in my life that I have to poke at myself to see if I am real. I am not tired of my friends, in fact I want to gather them to me with steel bands. I want to wind them through me until I have an infrastructure. I have friends but I hunt them in packs. I want to stand them in lines and walk straight down the centre looking neither left nor right simply feeling their presence.

I have family, it is fractured and unusual and far away but it is there. I have friends and family. I have friends and family. This is not a useful mantra.

I am not coming to pieces. I feel strong and positive, I'm lining up shots and splitting trees but it has come to my attention that I am tired of being silly and of launching, always launching. I want a constant companion not this interchangeable could be any one of you sitting with me existence. I want someone to sharpen my intellect on, someone so solidly there that I am unafraid of empty spaces.

Its not about that old foe romance. This is about building a treehouse to dive from and retreat to. A boxed thing of wonder run through with clouds and growing solid from the spinning earth, something that doesn't depend on hair styles, tectonic alignment or the scythe of careless wit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's the Akagi, and they are Aichi D3A "Val" dive bombers on it...
Cool picture.
That ship was involved with Pearl Harbour, and the bombing of Darwin, but was scuttled after the Battle of Midway.
Your brother is a bad influence.
DS said…
Bloody hell Ron! That is some serious geekery. I am suitably impressed but I fear you have missed my point.