Settle Petal

After the onslaught of parties, concerts, meetings and things I find myself once again suspended in the space of no appointments. If it was always blank pages in diaries I would invent things to do, if I was always in demand I would develop a method of selection but I never know what is going to happen when so I say yes to everything, run myself into exhaustion and then sit by the phone for two weeks in a bubble of loneliness.

Perhaps I need a publicist, a personal publicist to promote me to friends and potential lovers. I need catch prhases:

Midweek Dale, delicious and pinstriped.
Friday night Dale, tired but relaxed.
Saturday night Dale; best served with a cocktail.

Or perhaps an advertisement would be better:
Dale Slamma an interesting and sometimes tired lady. Dale can walk around and talk about things, she is good at choosing cake, drinking pink lemonades, comfortable silences and repelling men. Call her today, nobody else is.

Comments

Martin Kingsley said…
I'd call you in a New York Minute, but I don't have your bloody telephone number, you crazy glorious gal!
cath said…
I like the sound of Friday Night Dale. Our housewarming will prolly be on a saturday,. You are cordially invited (when I get around to actually setting a date).
I will expect you to walk around, talk about things, choose cake, drink pink lemonade and repel men.
I have been known to be demanding...
DS said…
Well, I can fix that.

Cath, I would love to come, count me in.